In low season this course is run 3 times a week, every Sunday & Monday or Tuesday & Wednesday or Thursday & Friday starting at 11:00 am. During the peak season, we often start courses everyday. It is 4 hours on the beach on the first day and 4 hours in the water on the second day.
- 1 hours theory with an introduction to kites, wind window, safety, tides, weather and with a look at different types and sizes of kites and boards.
- Rigging up (inflation, connecting lines, harness and how it works).
- Launching (off the beach).
- Landing (on the beach).
- Basic flying, figures of 8s, one handed flying to the left and right, relaunch, explanation of the wind window and operation of the quick release (safety system)
This day will start with a getting kitted out (choosing the wetsuit, harness, buoyancy aid, crash hat)
- Then we go into the water either off the beach or from a boat, depending of wind conditions and will consist of 2 pupils to 1 instructor sharing one kite and the first part of the course will be body dragging where we cover one handed body dragging, figures of 8s, relaunching and upwind body dragging.
- After that you will have a break before going back in the water to learn how to get on a board.